Technology is a fast growing industry and devices are not always bullet proof. To combat this issue, you need to become a properly trained device repair technician. In order to keep up with technology, you should be able use and troubleshoot devices. When working in the Information Technology (IT) field you need to learn how to diagnose and repair computers, but why not go further and learn how to repair mobile devices. Adding mobile device repair to your resume will open up more job possibilities, making you more marketable. According to Simply Hired, “The average cell phone repair technician makes $35,000 a year,” (Simplyhired, Inc, 2016). After you have become comfortable working with mobile devices, you could even open up your own business. After all, “as many as a quarter of IPhones have a broken screen,” according to a poll done by CNET, (Trenholm, 2013). That could be easy money for you or your business. Also, if you have devices that need repair, you could save yourself money. Working as a mobile device technician does not mean you are only limited to working on cell phones. Many mobile device technicians learn how to repair; laptops, IPads, IPods and other tablets. The repairs you might encounter could include; replacing or fixing damaged screens, replacing LCDs, fixing broken head phone jacks, replacing cameras, replacing batteries, fixing buttons, diagnosing software issues and network issues. Some of the skills you should have are; problem solving, good communication, being a team player, self-motivation, soldering, understanding how Radio Frequency (RF) signals work, knowledge of circuit board architecture and knowing about the different types of networks....
The cell phone repair business is booming in today’s world of digital connectivity, making cell phone repair a prime opportunity for anyone who wants to leverage their technical skills to earn a potentially-lucrative income. Whether you want to start your own cell phone repair business or simply learn how to repair cell phones so you can market your services to would-be employers, the following serves as your guide for entering the cell phone repair business. Learn to repair cell phones The first step to entering the business is learning to repair cell phones. There are four different ways to learn how to repair phones: offline courses, online courses, self-teaching books, and the online self-taught approach. The business of cell phone repair Once you know how to repair cell phones, you can either go into business for yourself or you can work for a company that repairs cell phones. By choosing the former, you assume greater responsibilities but you also have greater earning potential – you’re only limited by the work you (and your employees) can do, provided you can find the work to begin with. In the latter, you only have to worry about doing the repairs but your income potential is lower – cell phone repair technicians average salary is $37,000 per year. If you want to go into business for yourself, you can either open a brick-and-mortar shop or you can be a mobile cell phone repair technician and meet your clients at their locations. Going mobile is a great way to start out because it minimizes your overhead and lessens your overall risk....
Latest posts by Joshua Garczynski (see all)
- How To become a repair technician in Milwaukee area - December 2, 2015
There comes a time when you’re out all day and come to a point where you need to charge your cell phone in a hurry. But when you plug in your phone to its charger it doesn’t charge. Faulty USB port. The quickest solution is to take it in to get serviced. But that can get costly. That’s where soldering skills come in handy. Soldering involves a material called solder that melts when placed on a hot object; the melted solder cools and forms a bond between two items. This is a technique that is used a lot in mobile repair. It used to install components that are built into the board of the system inside all mobile devices. Examples are headphone jacks, volume buttons or power buttons. Soldering allows us to replace these parts and to add new ones. This is not an impossible thing to learn how to do and can become quit helpful in saving a few dollars with practice. But even with practice there are some issues that should be considered while soldering. The problem with using tools such as a heat gun, is the temperature is uncontrollable allowing parts of your board to overheat unnecessarily. Causing a very high risk of irreversible damage to the board or other components. Soldering properly is about using the proper techniques, tools, and heat application to lower your risk of damage and increasing your percentage of successful cell phone soldering. Here is a list of some of the issues that may arise with soldering. Disturbed Joints – When a joint is moved as the solder hardens you end up with...
Latest posts by Lucas, Jarrett E. (see all)
- 3 Best Places To Find Mobile Device Repair Shops In Milwaukee - December 19, 2014
- Issues that may occur when doing mobile soldering repair - December 19, 2014
- How to excel in customer service for mobile device repair business - December 19, 2014
1. Opening Tools a) Screw driver: This is the first tool that we need to open/ disassemble a cell phone. We are going to find different types but one of the most common used for this specific work is a Phillips screw driver whose head is of plus (+) shape. The second type of crew for Mobile Repair is the one with s star shaped head. Those screw are in different size so it recommendable to buy the entire set. b) Openers: Openers are used to open the housing/casing as it is locket. c) Tweezers: Tweezers are needed ti hold the electronic components. 2. Cleaning tools a) IPA (Iso Propyl Alcohol): the recommended cleaning solutions for this mobile phone circuit board (PCB) are IPA. b) Brush: This is used to remove and clean any dirt or dust inside the phone or on the PCB. c) Ultrasonic Cleaner Machine: An ultrasonic cleaner s used for deep cleaning of the Phone Circuit board. 3. Testing tools a) Multimeter: A Multimeter is used for checking ad testing many parts and components. They can be used to check broken tracks on the PCB. There are two types of Multimiter, Digital and Analog, for Mobile repair it is recommended to use Digital because of accuracy and ease. b) LCD repair tool: In smartphones the most common problem is that the LCD cracks, while sometimes just the touch glass cracks. The LCD and glass are fused, you will need to buy the entire set of both. 4. Some Soldering a) Rework Station: A rework station is used for heating and replacing ICs (chips) on the...
Interesting on Information Technology IT Support
Latest posts by Jose Sanchez (see all)
- Using the software provide by Milwaukee Area Technical College for students in the IT Computer Program - December 14, 2014
- List of the Tools and Requirement’sNeeded for Cell Phone Repair - December 14, 2014
- The greatest features on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - December 14, 2014