To download Ubuntu you can find the operating system here http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop and then click the desired bit Now save the ISO to a desired location Click New Select the following options and then click Next Allocate the amount of memory you desired if you don’t not like the recommended, this can be accomplish by sliding the tab left. Select “Create a virtual hard drive” and then click Create Select “VDI (VirtualBox Disk Image)” and click Next Select “Dynamically allocated” and click Next Now name the machine then select the amount of hard drive space you want allocated, if you are happy with the recommended click Next. Otherwise use the tab and slide it right or left Now right click Ubuntu and click Start Click the folder button and locate the ISO file Now select the ISO files and click Open Once everything is in order click Start Now select English and click “Try Ubuntu Kylin” This is Ubuntu Keyboard Shortcut, click the X Select English and click Continue Select “Download updates while installing” and click Continue Select “Erase disk and install Ubuntu Kylin” and click Install Now Select Chicago and Click Next Select “English (US)” for keyboard layout and also select “English (US)” and click Continue Now fill in the field and click “Continue” when you are finish After the installation has completed click “Restart Now” Now enter the password you’ve setup in the previous step, then click the arrow or enter Congratulation you have just finish installing Ubuntu on Virtual...
Using the software provide by Milwaukee Area Technical College for students in the IT Computer Program
Milwaukee area technical college (MATC) provides free software to those students in the IT Computer Program, it can be support, networking or security etc. These software are VMware and DreamSpark. My job is to inform how to use these software’s. First we have to start with VMware, every student in the IT program will get an Email relate to your account on VMware and the information for example your user ID and the password. First we have to look for the email with the information, this email was sent once you start any IT class. 2. The second step will be to click on the link it will send us to the VMware website, where we have to put our personal information like the username and the password provide by the email. 3. In this official website we have put our username and the password to get into VMware and download items from there. 4. We can look for a specific version of VMware if we want and so far we can find any version on here. There are hundreds of Software for students on here all those relate to VMware. In the next example I will show you how to purchase VMware on here First we have to select the VMware version, in this case will be the VMware version 10, I selected and clicked on add to My chart then I went to my chart and started downloading where they give us the product key and expiration date. Second once we go to start download, it will appear on a folder, because this software are...
Interesting on Information Technology IT Support
Latest posts by Jose Sanchez (see all)
- Using the software provide by Milwaukee Area Technical College for students in the IT Computer Program - December 14, 2014
- List of the Tools and Requirement’sNeeded for Cell Phone Repair - December 14, 2014
- The greatest features on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - December 14, 2014
1. You can download Android Operating System here: https://code.google.com/p/android-x86/downloads/list 2. Open VMware Workstation, click on File and the click on New Virtual Machine, select Typical (recommended) and click Next Now select” Installer Disc image files (iso)” and locate your android ISO named: “android-x86-4.3-20130725” and then click Next Now enter the desire Name and location and then click Next Now Select the desire about of space by moving the up/down arrow or enter the size into the field. Once that is completed select “Store virtual disk as a single file” and then click Next If you wanted to make any changes to the hardware click “Customize Hardware” otherwise click Finish The Android OS will boot up in this mode use the arrow key to move up and down, now select “Installation – Install Android-x86 to harddrisk” and hit ENTER Select “Create/Modify partitions” and click ENTER Again use the arrow key to move to other options, select “ New” and hit ENTER Now select [Primary] and hit ENTER Hit ENTER again Now select [Bootable] hit ENTER Now select [write] and hit ENTER It’s going to prompt you if you want to partition table type “Yes” then hit ENTER Now select [Quit] and hit ENTER Select “sda1 Linux VMware Virtual 1” and then select OK and hit ENTER Choose NTFS for the file format Select Yes and hit ENTER Select Yes to install GRUB and hit ENTER Select Yes and hit ENTER Here it give you the option to allocate more data to User date enter the desire amount and the hit ENTER Now select “Run Android-x86”, select OK and then hit...
So why is it important to clone Virtual Machines, It proves an easy way to create new machines with the same specs as original machine, without the hassle of physically going through the installation process. 1. Right click the desired machine, then click on Manage, now click on Clone Click Next in the Clone Virtual Machine Wizard Use “The current state in the virtual machine” click Next Now in Clone method select “Create a full” clone and click Next Now enter the desired name for the Virtual Machine and select a Location, then click Finish Why are Snapshots important? Snapshot is similar to windows restore points; it allows you to revert to previous points and vice versa. 1. Right click your Virtual Machine tab, then slide down and click on Snapshot, then click “Take Snapshot“ 2. Now in the Snapshot window enter the desired Name and a description, and then click Take a Snapshot(Warning: This process can take a long...
“What? Windows 8 just came out not to long ago..” that was my first reaction when I first heard about Windows 10 in the making. Although Windows 10 is still in development we, as consumers, are allowed full access to its functionality and different tools that is offered with the new operating system. You may be asking how so? or how do I get a hold of this Windows 10 operating system? Well in order to launch Windows 10 operating system, the following are what is needed: A virtual box/machine (VMware will be used in this demonstration) Windows 10 iso (Which can be found at Windows main web page) Step 1: Downloading Windows 10 ISO Before accessing Windows 10 operating system we first need to download the ISO image from Windows official website (Click here for Windows 10 ISO image download). Here you have the option to download Windows 10 operating system in different language and different size files. Choose an ISO image that best fit your demand. After downloading the ISO image you should be left with a file that is named WindowsTechnicalPreview-x64-EN-US.iso (mine being the 64-bit English US version) Step 2: Settings for VMware After downloading the ISO image our next step will require us to open our virtual machine (VMware will be used in this example). Select FILE and click NEW VIRTUAL MACHINE or simply click CREATE A NEW VIRTUAL MACHINE on the homepage to create a new virtual machine. After selecting thew option of creating a new virtual machine you will be promoted the New Virtual Machine Wizard screen. Select Typical option and click next. Following the Wizard...
Information Support Specialist at Milwaukee Area Technical College
As a dedicated, focused, balanced, and highly motivated student, driven with passion within the IT support specialist program, I look forward to utilizing these skills to help benefit others by making sure that the job is done right. With great ambitions in learning all I can, I look forward to staying active within the field of IT and to achieve the highest education possible within the field . Being determined, focused on goals, and with the ability to collaborate with peers, I am a easy going person who enjoys working hard at achieving goals.
Latest posts by Pao Vang (see all)
- Developing Self Confidence and Self Esteem - November 17, 2014
- Installing Windows 10 on Virtual Machine (VMware) - November 5, 2014
- Short, Simple, Seven tips to Improving Resume for IT Support Position - October 18, 2014