- First you need to open a blank slide in PowerPoint.
2. Next click the insert tab in the ribbon. In the Illustrations section, click the Chart tab.
3. A new Window will open, here you can choose the type of chart or graph you wish to insert, such as column, line, pie bar, etc.
4. When you choose one, it will be inserted into the slide, it will also open up a worksheet where you can enter your data, such as category and titles , and any other data.
In this example I edited the data to represent Month’s for the Category. Rain, and Snow as the data being measured in inches. This of course is not accurate and only an example of how the data can be changed to your needs. Once you have finished your data, you can than continue with changing the look of the chart.
5. When you insert a chart, small buttons appear next to its upper-right corner. Use the Elements button, which looks like a + sign, to show or hide things such as the axis titles, or data labels. You can also use the Chart Style button that looks like a paint brush, to quickly change the color or style of the chart. The last button at the bottom of the other 2 buttons is the Chart Filter button, and is a more advanced option that shows or hides data in your chart.
6. In the ribbon, when the chart is selected, there are more options than just the quick buttons on the chart. Here you can change many options about your chart in either the Design, or Format section. Our chart is now complete.
Latest posts by Cirilo Ancira (see all)
- Microsoft Windows 10 Fall 2017 Creator Update: Ransomware Protection - December 19, 2017
- How to Create a Slide with a Chart/Graph in Microsoft PowerPoint - December 19, 2017
- How to Make a To-Do List using a Microsoft Excel Template - December 19, 2017