Here are useful security features for your mobile device. Use whichever feature your device offers that provide the best security for your needs:
1. Password, pass code, or Pin: If you set a password, pass code, or Pin to access your device is simple and effective. Try using a code that is four digits or longer so that you can keep it a secret, like you do for any of your other passwords.
2. Unlock pattern: Many mobile devices let you set unlock patterns that function like passwords in a way. Use a pattern that is complex and keep it a secret to protect it from observers. Also be careful of smudges on the front of your device may reveal your pattern to unauthorized users.
3. Device lockout: Most mobile devices provide a lockout option that locks the device if someone makes several unsuccessful attempts to enter the password, Pin, or pattern. If you set the lockout setting to a limit of 10 attempts is usually enough.
Latest posts by Anna Tejeda (see all)
- How to negotiate salary and benefits for IT Computer Support Job - December 19, 2017
- How to Create Linkedin Profile for IT Computer Support - December 19, 2017
- How to prepare to complete job application and pass skills test for IT Computer Support Job - December 13, 2017