Screencast Products Available for Download
There are a number of software packages available to create your own screencast.
- ScreenCast O Matic – Easy-to-use free tool for creating 15-minute videos. You can use the software to create your screencast and export the video to a .MP4 format.
- Camtasia Studio (free 30-day fully functional trial download, $179 – academic pricing) “Camtasia Studio is the complete professional solution for recording, editing and sharing high-quality screen video on the Web, CD-ROM and portable media players, including iPod.”. Find out more about Camtasia Studio.
We have Camtasia Studio loaded and available for students to use at the downtown Milwaukee Campus. We also have several USB headsets with microphones – please contact your instructor for details.
Getting Started With Camtasia Studio
Camtasia has produced a number of outstanding tutorials on how to use their product. Review the tutorial page to learn more: http://www.techsmith.com/tutorial.html
There are about 10 basic short tutorials (that will take less than 30 minutes). Make sure to review the steps below to share your video in a web format.
Sharing Your Camtasia Studio Videos on the Web
After creating your video, you will need to produce your video in a format suitable for the web. After producing your project in a web format, you can send your production folder. Follow the steps below to complete this.
- Review the “How to Produce Video” at the URL mentioned above.
- Click on the “Produce Video as” link located under the Task List to launch the Production Wizard.
- In the drop-down menu, select the Web preset.
- Click Next to continue.
- Give your video a name and choose a location to save your produced video.Make sure the Organize produced files into sub-folders and Play video after production checkboxes are checked.
- Click Next to see a summary of your production properties.
- Click Finish to render your video.
- Finally, zip up your production folder and send it to your recipient.