10 Tips to become more productive
- Stay Organize ( mess creates stress)
Make sure you stay organized for the best effectiveness to get things done. For example while working or doing homework make sure your desk or work place is organized and know where everything is so when you are doing a task you know where everything is and when it comes to finding something you can find it right away and do not have to scramble around wasting time to find something. This will save you time and a headache. Also not just have your physical objects organized, you need to keep your mind organized as well. Stay sharp so your mind is not all over the place so you can focus on the work you are trying to do. When your mind is not organized this is where distractions come into place and also waste your time and make you less productive.
- Do things you do not want to do ( you do not have to be in the “mood” to do something, just do it)
Do things you do not want to do and not wait until you feel like doing it because than you will never do it. Like for example if I waiting until I felt like doing homework, guess what I would never end up doing it. Just do it and get it out of the way and you will feel better if you do it right away and not having to dread looking forward to do something that you do not want to do but need to do.
- Give yourself due dates ( do not procrastinate)
Make sure you give yourself realistic deadlines so you can focus on doing what tasks need to be done and get them done in a reasonable amount of time. Also do not make the deadlines unrealistic because then you will feel overwhelmed and stress and probably not ending up doing several of the tasks that you need to get done.
- Make a to do list ( do not forget what you need to get done)
- Make a to do list for yourself, the main reason is to not forget anything that needs to be done. Also if something comes up that you need to do you can always take out that to do list and see when you will be able to make time for it.
- Make a daily routine
- Making a daily routine is always great so you can stick with it and you know how much you can get done in a day. Let’s just you’re a more productive person in the morning get into a routine to exercise, do homework, or paper work right in the morning and get used to doing that every day.
- Get up earlier ( even if it is only an hour earlier than you usually get up)
I always hear people saying that there are not enough hours in the day, so why not just get up an hour earlier and get your day started a little bit earlier. That one hour of getting up early, you can manage to get a lot of tasks, think of it, getting up one hour earlier every day for a week, that is an extra 7 hours that you have just in one weeks.
- Don’t say yes to every request ( Say no sometimes)
You do not need to say yes to everything, these days everybody wants to be liked or accepted, so if somebody asks you to go out this weekend do not be scared to just simply say you can’t.
Make sure you have your priorities straightened out, do not pick something that is not that important and can wait another week before something that needs to be done in a day and is very important, simple as that.