Does you battery drain super fast on your Android phone? Here are some tips on how to troubleshoot and fix the issue without replacing the battery in the phone!
1. Go into the phone settings and then click on battery use. This will give you an overview of what is using the most battery on the phone.
2. Adjusting the display settings of the phone screen is one of the first and easiest ways to improve battery life on a phone. This can be done by going to settings and then clicking display. From here you can change the brightness and how long the phone screen will be on when not in use.
3. Next turn off any unneeded hardware such as Bluetooth or wifi or GPS Location. This can be done by swiping down from the top of the screen on the homepage and then tapping on the icons that represent the different hardware that are running on the phone. This can be done from the phone settings as well.
4. Remove unneeded widgets or live wallpapers on the home screen to extend battery life of the phone. This can be done by pressing on the app icon and then dragging it to the remove label that shows up at the top of the phones screen.
5. One final step to try to improve battery life before replacing the battery is to update apps or remove unneeded one from the phone. Often time’s applications run in the background causing the phone battery to drain faster than it would have if the app wasn’t installed on the phone.
6. If after all of these steps have been tried and the phone’s battery is still draining extremely fast you can always attempt to do a factory restore on the phone to see if the problem is software related. This can be done by going to the phone settings and then backup & reset. Then click on the factory data reset button inside of this settings page.
Warning: This will delete all of your files on the phone, make sure to backup the phone prior to this step!!!
7. If the issue persists after this then the phone’s battery is most likely at the end of its life and needs to be replaced! This can be done either by taking it to an authorized phone repair store or you can buy a replacement battery and attempt to do it on your own.
I hope this guide has been helpful in you search for a fix to battery usage problems and hoping you good luck in your endeavors to troubleshoot the issue!