A/ How to configure Wireless on IOS devices
a. Connect to Wi-Fi on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Learning how to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, including open, secure, and hidden networks is very important.
b. How to connect to a Wi-Fi Network
- From your Home screen, go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Turn on Wi-Fi. Notice your device will automatically search for available Wi-Fi networks.
- Tap the name of the Wi-Fi network that you want to join.
- After you join the network, you’ll see next to the network and in the upper-left corner of your display as shown below
c. How to connect to a secure Wi-Fi Network
First of all you need to understand that Secure Wi-Fi networks are password-protected and have by their names.
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi, and make sure Wi-Fi is turned on.
- Tap the name of the secure Wi-Fi network you want to join.
- Enter the password for the secure Wi-Fi network, then tap Join. If you can’t tap Join, the password you’ve entered is incorrect.
- After you join the network, you’ll see next to the network and in the upper-left side of your display. In case you don’t know the password to the Wi-Fi network contact your network administrator. See the exhibit below to see how the secure Wi-Fi looks like.
d. Connect to a hidden Wi-Fi network
Hidden networks won’t appear in your list of available networks, so you’ll need to know the exact name of the network to join it.
1. Go to Settings > Wi-Fi, and make sure Wi-Fi is turned on. Then tap Other.
2. Enter the exact name of the network, then tap Security.
3. Choose the security type. Not all hidden networks are secure. If you’re not sure, check with your network administrator.
4. Tap Other Network to return to the previous screen.
5. Enter the network password in the Password field, then tap Join.
- After you join the network, you’ll see next to the network and in the upper-left side of your display.
B/ How to configure Email on IOS devices
There are two ways you can set up an email account on your iOS device using Mail—automatically and manually. Learn which option is best for you.
Note: If you use an email provider like iCloud, Google, or Yahoo, Mail can automatically set up your email account with just your email address and password. Mail might be able to set up other email accounts with your email address and password, but you might need to enter your email settings manually. If you don’t know your email settings, look them up or contact your email provider.
a. Choose your account
- Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts > Add Account.
- If you see your email provider, tap it to add your account automatically. If you don’t see your email provider, tap Other to add your account manually.
b. Set up an account automatically
After you choose your email provider, follow these steps:
- Enter your email address and password.
- Tap Next and wait for Mail to verify your account.
- Choose the content you want to sync. Tap Save.
C. Set up an account manually
- Tap Add Account, tap Other, then tap Add Mail Account.
- Enter your name, email address, password, and a description for your account.
3. Tap Next. Mail will try to find the email settings and finish your account setup. If Mail finds your email settings, tap Done to complete your account setup.
If Mail can’t find your email settings, you need to enter them manually. After you enter your email address and password, tap Next, then follow these steps:
- Choose IMAP or POP for your new account. If you aren’t sure which one to choose, contact your email provider.
- Enter the information for Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server. Then tap Next. If you don’t have this information, try to look it up or contact your email provider.
If you still can’t set up your email account or save your email settings, contact your email provider.