All MATC IT computer support students have access to free software alliances. The college has alliance with Microsoft, VMWare and CBT Nuggets to provide free software for your education.
How does it work:
1. College pays subscriptions to the vendors. Currently MATC has alliance with Microsoft, VMWare and CBT Nuggets to provide free software for the students.
2. When you register for IT computer support course, you are automatically enrolled into the free software alliance program
3. At the beginning of each semester you receive your account information and registration instructions via email. (You have to be registered for IT Computer Support course and be in good academic standing)
4. If you are having trouble with the subscriptions, your instructor will be able to help you out.
Microsoft DreamSpark Program
Microsoft DreamSpark accounts are created/activated every semester. The Student Software page contains the webstore URL and dates when user accounts will be created/reactivated.
Watch below video to learn how you can access Microsoft DreamSpark program and download software for your education and self development.
The Microsoft DreamSpark program allows the student to obtain software from Microsoft for free. MS Office is not included in this program. You will receive an email approximately two weeks into the semester from the Microsoft site with information on how to access the site. The email maybe tagged as SPAM. Make sure not to delete this message by mistake.
This software is for academic purposes only. The sale of it is obviously prohibited. Here's a link to EULA – http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/academic/bb250622
Webstore URL for students – http://msdn05.e-academy.com/matc_is_cis
Webstore URL for Downtown Milwaukee Campus faculty – http://msdn07.e-academy.com/matc_cis
VMware Academic Program
VMware Academic accounts are created/activated every semester. The Student Software page contains the webstore URL and dates when user accounts will be created/reactivated.
Accessing and downloading VMware software – http://youtu.be/HoXPMNv3y1g
VMWare's website has the manual and free online training available for VMWare Workstation – http://www.vmware.com/products/workstation/resources.html
VMWare Workstation Critical Skills (How to import an existing VM and basic settings – RAM, Network, ISO, etc.)
The following three-part screencast demonstrates the configuration of simple client server based environment:
(#1 – Creating a VM from an ISO)
(#2 – Configure VMWare network settings to use isolated network)
(#3 – Setting up a domain controller, joining the client to the domain, and creating a user and logging into the domain).
CBT Nugget accounts are created/activated every semester. The Student Software page contains the log in URL and dates when user accounts will be created/reactivated.
Accessing CBT Nugget Videos
Lab Sim Software
The following screencast details how to install the software, activate it, create a User Account, enroll (or Join) the Milwaukee Area Technical College campus and enroll in the appropriate classes (in the LabSim software). Checkout the ‘LabSim Orientation' screencast at
Check out the screencast about our JOBshop – JOBshop Resources Screencast
Opportunities for interns, students and graduates are regularly posted onto the TechConnect Job System.
1. Go to the MATC homepage – www.matc.edu
2. Select “JOBshop” from the lefthand side of the screen in the blue box
3. Three pictures appear on screen – select the first, Students & Graduates
4. Select TechConnect